Grant Funding Available – Diverse Species Cover Crop Incentive Program
Funding is available to operators looking to incorporate diverse cover crop mixes. The Diverse Species Cover Crop Incentive Program, or CCIP, is looking towards Improving soil health by incorporating diverse species cover crop mixes into a systems approach to regenerating soils and profits on farms.
Diverse Species Cover Crop Mixes
- Enhanced weed suppression/control
- Reduced production costs
- Improved soil health
- Enhanced nutrient cycling
- Soil armor (erosion protection)
- Improved soil moisture holding capacity
- Improved soil structure (Increased infiltration)
- Enhanced habitat for beneficial insects
Download Brochure to learn more and apply. Deadline is September 30, 2018, and is a first come, first serve program.